The first step towards getting started with the Foscam camera is to set up the camera. To start using it you will need to connect the camera to Wi-Fi.
The Foscam cameras operate on a network and you need to give it full access to the network to activate and operate it. Whether you purchase a wired or wireless security camera you will need the network connection to make it work. You can easily do it yourself or call on Foscam Tech Support Number to get a professional to install your camera and connect it to the Wi-Fi.
Most of the Foscam camera models have a similar process of getting connected to the Wi-Fi network. In this article, we have mentioned the most common process for connecting your latest Foscam cameras to your Wi-Fi network.
Things To Do Before Connecting Your Foscam Camera To The Wi-Fi
- Before you get started with the process take note that, for the initial setup of the camera you can use a router to provide your device with a network connection. Once the device has been set up you then need to connect it to your Foscam app.
- The Foscam app allows full access to the features of the Foscam camera. You need to connect the camera to the Foscam app which will provide your camera a source to connect it to the Wi-Fi it cannot be done directly with the camera.
- Before you get started with the connection process you need to make sure that enough battery to operate. If the camera dies in the middle of the process you will have to start from the beginning.
- You will also need to make sure that the camera is powered on when you connect it to your Wi-Fi.
- Next, you need to put your camera in factory status. This will ensure that your camera is not being used for any other thing and is at its default stage when you connect it to the Wi-Fi.
Follow the steps mentioned below to connect your Foscam camera to your home Wi-Fi:
Adding The Camera To Your Foscam App:
Since the Wi-Fi is connected to your camera through the app you first need to add the camera to your Foscam app. The process to add the camera to your Foscam app is given below:
- First things first, you need to install the Foscam app on a smartphone.
- Switch on the camera after it is charged or connect to a power source
- When you turn on your camera a voiced message will indicate the message “ready for Wi-Fi configuration”.
- Open the Foscam app on your phone. On the home page, you will see a plus sign. Click on it to connect your camera to the app. 3 options will appear from which you have to select the “Scan the QR code” option.
- Once you press the button a QR code scanner will open. You will then need to scan the QR code from your came, these camera codes are unique for each camera. You will find the QR code at the back or bottom of your Foscam camera.
- Scan the QR code on the app to connect your camera to your Foscam app.
- After scanning the code two options will automatically appear on the screen. You need to select the “Wi-Fi connection” option.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you need to connect your camera with and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- You need to ensure that the camera is connecting to a 2.4GHz / 5.0 GHz wireless router.
- Your camera and smartphone must be placed near the wireless router.
Connecting the camera to the app is a two-way process. After the camera is connected to the app you need to configure the app on your camera.
- Once you have scanned the camera OR code and added the Wi-Fi network the Wi-Fi configuration code will open. Turn the QR will appear on your camera screen.
- You will hear a voice prompt after which you need to point the QR code to the camera directly. Maintain a distance of at least 15 cm between the camera and the QR code to ensure maximum visibility to the camera.
- When you scan the QR code you will hear a voice prompt “Wi-Fi connecting” you can stop pointing the phone towards the camera after it.
- Followed by this voice prompt you will hear another prompt that will say “wireless connecting succeeded”.
- Select the check box located at the bottom of the QR code once the scanning process is completed and tap on “next”.
- It will take approximately 2 minutes for the server to complete the registration process.
- After the setup is completed, you can view the camera at your home screen at any time.
You can add more cameras to the same network. However, the lesser number of your cameras you connect to the network the stronger will be the connection between your Wi-Fi and camera. Place the router near the camera to ensure a strong connection.
If you are still facing any problem regarding the connection or with Foscam camera setup then you can contact the Foscam camera support where you will find the answer to all the queries related to your issue as well as any other problem that you might have with your Foscam camera. We will help resolve the problem or guide you to any Foscam troubleshooting method to fix any Foscam camera-related problem. Our Foscam support is operated by trained professionals who are available to you 24/7. Our professionals are also trained specialists and know about Foscam camera from front to back enabling them to solve any query that you might have with the camera be it technical or non-technical. To connect with our Foscam support team contact us on this Foscam support number +1-530-455-9293 You can also email us about your problems at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us a description of them. We will revert with the solution within 2-3 working days.