Foscam camera is a smooth operating device. It is known for its good quality and great visuals. Sometimes however you might run into some trouble while operating the device, know that it is common to have problems when working with a digital device. It is nothing out of the ordinary and there is no need to get worked up over it. If there are some minor inconveniences that you are facing while operating the camera then you can refer to this article for Foscam Troubleshooting.
Following are the problems you might face while working with a Foscam camera and the solutions to help you fix those problems:
The network is unreachable open your “Foscam app” and it displays the message “network is unreachable” instead of displaying the camera. You will also find that the red light on the camera which is supposed to be on when the camera is turned on is blinking. You might think that there is something wrong with the camera but it isn’t the camera that is causing troubles. It is your power adapter that is not working. Follow these simple steps to fix the problem:
- Disconnect the power adapter from the camera and unplug it.
- Replace the power adapter with a new adapter
- Connect the new adapter to the camera and plug it in
- Open your Foscam app and refresh the page
- Your camera will be displayed on the app and you will notice that the LED light on the camera is not blinking anymore
- Plugins are blocked-
If you are facing issues regarding the installation of your plugin because they are blocked then you need to figure out why this might be happening. You can fix this issue if you can recognize the problem, here are some of the reasons this can be happening:
- If in your computer settings the popup blocker is turned on it will prevent you from installing the plugins. You need to disable this setting when you are installing the plugin. You can enable this setting once the installation is complete.
- Your anti-virus software that runs routinely on your computer might not be allowing the plugin to be installed. You will have to change the settings of your antivirus software to allow it to install the plugin on your computer.
- If you are using internet explorer as your web browser to install the plugin you might want to change the settings if it is set on too high, which is why it might be preventing the installation and blocking the plugin download.
- If you are using a Mac you need to check if the settings of macOS system security. If they are set on too high follow these steps:
Go to the Apple icon located on the taskbar > system preferences > security and privacy > select “click the lock to make changes” icon > change the “allow applications download” to anywhere > save the changes by clicking “click the lock to make changes” icon > install the plugin.
Failed to connect Foscam camera error
If you’re facing an error while trying to connect your Foscam camera your mobile app will display the message “failed to connect, please try again message. To solve this issue, do the following:
- First, check your internet connection. “Foscam camera app” does not work if it is not connected to the internet. If the internet is connected make sure it is having a strong bandwidth.
- Another reason for this problem to occur is when the router which is connected to the camera is blocking the port that is being used by the device. Lowering the firewall of your router can help fix this problem.
- Wireless router not connecting to the camera
This is the most common problem that Foscam users might face especially if they are not well equipped with technology and or working with a security camera for the first time. This problem might occur due to some of these mistakes that people make while setting up the camera such as entering the wrong password, missed a step during the Foscam IP Camera Setup. The following steps will assist you in correcting those mistakes; make sure these are in order if you are having trouble connecting your camera to a router:
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough to connect to your camera
- The frequency band of the wireless router must be 2.4 GHz
- Make sure you enter the right password during the login
- If you have performed the above-mentioned steps and are still facing problems while connecting your Wi-Fi to the camera reset the Foscam camera.
- After performing the reset Update the wireless channel of the router that the camera is connected to and change the encryption too.
- Next, update the firmware of the router. Install the firmware as per the instructions of the manufacturer.
- After performing the above-mentioned steps repeat the configuration process of the camera.
- Foscam reset button not working
If your Foscam reset button is not working, you will have to perform a power cycle. A power cycle means you will have to plug the camera off from its source of power supply, wait for a few seconds and then plug it again into the switch and turn back the power on. You may now proceed to use the reset button.
If you carefully follow all the above-mentioned steps, you can easily solve any problems that you might be facing with your camera however even after following the above-mentioned steps you are unable to solve the problem or you have some other problem that you might be facing which is either not mentioned in this article or is beyond your expertise you can contact Foscam camera support and let the professionals do it for you. Depending on the problem they will thoroughly assist you.
You can contact them on this Foscam support number- +1 530 455-9293