Foscam cameras are built for you to monitor your surroundings more conveniently and smartly. Alexa is a virtual assistance voice-activated AI device developed by Amazon. With the Foscam skills and Alexa, your camera is now more technically advanced, making it easier for you to access your Foscam camera from anywhere at any time with just your voice.
You need not have technical knowledge for connecting Alexa to your Foscam camera. You can do this very easily on your own without the help of a Foscam Camera Support service. Most of the Foscam Camera models can be connected with Alexa and the newer ones all can connect with Alexa. To connect your Foscam Camera with Alexa you need to keep in mind the following points:
- Make sure that your camera is connected to a strong network.
- Make sure that your Foscam Camera supports Alexa
- Make sure that your Foscam apps support Alexa
- Make sure that the Alexa app is installed on your phone
- Make sure that the Foscam app version is 2.2.9 or higher
Now that the above-mentioned points are all taken care of the next thing for you to do is to set up a foscam camera to work with Amazon’s Alexa.
The steps to connect your Foscam camera to your Alexa to use it for the voice command to operate the camera are as mentioned below:
You need to ensure that you have already installed the Alexa app on your smartphone. You can download the Alexa app on your IOS device from the app store and your android device through your play store. Once you have downloaded the app open it and register yourself/sign up on the app.
2. Updating The Foscam Camera App
The foscam app which you are currently using and have your foscam camera paired with needs to be updated to the latest version i.e. 2.2.9 or higher. The older versions do not support the voice activation AI technology and therefore you won’t be able to set up your device if you do no update the app or are using non-updated or older versions of the app.
3. Upgrading The Foscam Firmware
Upgrade the firmware of your foscam app. You can update the firmware of the camera using the foscam app. To upgrade thowe camera firmware, you need to follow these steps given below:
- Go to the foscam app and log into the camera.
- Go to settings and from the settings menu click on the firmware update option.
- The foscam app will check for new updates whether or not they are available.
- If a new update is available the foscam app will open a new page indicating the information about the new update.
- To initiate the firmware update process, click on the “update” option.
- The app will indicate the progress of the update on the software update page to let you know how much amount is remaining to be updated.
- The firmware update will take up a few minutes to be completed.
- Once the update progress reaches 100 percent, standby to see the completion of the update process.
- Make a note to not interrupt the phone while the camera firmware is being updated. Please avoid using the cellular data while updating the firmware as it can brick the phone by disturbing the installation process.
4. Set Up Foscam Camera on Foscam App
- The next step is to connect the foscam app to the foscam camera.To do so follow the steps given below:
- Log into your foscam camera app and go to the settings option
- Select the “advance settings” option, from the settings page
- You will be taken to the advance setting page and you need to select “smart control (Beta)” from the given options.
- The smart control beta will take you to the page to connect your device to Alexa. Turn on the button for the option “work with Alexa” to enable this function.
- You will be directed to the page where you can name your Alexa name for your camera to identify.
- After you have entered a name click on the tick mark on the top right corner of the page.
- A pop-up box will appear and you need to select your region according to Alexa accounts’ hostname.
- Click on “OK” and you are done setting up the foscam camera to your foscam app.
5. Enable Foscam Skills
After Foscam Setup, now you need to open the Alexa app on your phone.
- From the top left corner of the app select the option to open the menu
- Select the “skills and games” option from the menu
- From the top right corner select the search icon
- Search “Foscam” and press enter.
- Select “Foscam camera” from the search.
- Click on the “enable to use” option from the foscam camera page
- Sign in using the username and password of your foscam camera
- Select “accept” to agree to the terms and conditions of the camera
- The message “foscam camera successfully linked” will appear on your page when the process is completed.
6. Discover Devices
You can select devices from your Alexa app or give a voice command to Alexa by speaking “Alexa discover devices” on your speakerphone to the eco show directly.
7.Use The Voice Command
Your Alexa is now connected to your camera and you can use the voice command to give instructions to your camera. You can ask Alexa to open a camera or show you a particular angle from a camera through voice assistance. For Foscam Troubleshooting, you can do a Foscam Camera Reset.
You can call the Foscam support number to ask the Foscam Customer Service to help you connect Alexa to your camera. If you need any help Foscam Support is available to help you 24/7. To access the Foscam Technical Support you can call on this Foscam Helpline Number – +1-530-455-9293